Saturday, September 21, 2013

Album #8: Beatles - Abbey Road [Rock] 1969


One of the classic albums of all time.  I had heard this one before, but really wanted to sit down and just listen to it. There are so many classic songs off of this album so I'm just going to talk about the few that really struck me for some reason or another.  Maxwell's Silver Hammer is one of those songs that I never really got.  It doesn't really fit in with the rest of the album and after doing some research, I found out it was supposed to be but on the White Album, but was pushed off due to time constraints.  Octopus's Garden is another fun one as it is one of the few songs written by Ringo.  The Side A/Side B transition is really interesting to me.  Side A ends with She's So Heavy building up to a very powerful feeling to a sudden cut leaving you feel very uneasy.  When Side B starts up with Here Comes the Sun, its almost as if they are trying to bring you out of the depression they just put you in.  Carry That Weight is another really solid track that I feel really belongs in this album (and no other). 

Favorite track: Come Together
Spotify: Too bad Spotify is dumb with The Beatles and all the fun copyrights.
If you like this, then try these: Any other Beatles Album, just pick one.

No comments:

Post a Comment