Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Album #2: Ataxia - Automatic Writing [Experimental Rock, Art Rock, Electronica, Avant-Garde] 2004



This was a strange album for me.  There were moments that I really liked what I was listening to and others where I wish they would have just finished the part they were on and moved on.  Many of the songs seem to drag on and on.  However, I do enjoy the fact that each song seems to have its on "acts" of sorts.  Many albums will have up and downs and flow, however this is the first time where every song on the album is its own "mini-album".  The music is sound, but a bit too abstract at times for my tastes.  Most songs lack much of a structure.  I do really enjoy the track "The Sides" most likely do to the fact that it is one of the shorter songs, the vocals are more clear, and it has a great structure to it.  The fact that this group consisted of Joe Lally the bassist from Fugazi, John Frusciante formally of the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Josh Klinghoffer who replaced Frusciante in RHCP is awesome.  Overall though, I don't think this is one I would listen to often.

Favorite track: The Sides
Spotify: Ataxia – Automatic Writing
If you like this, then try these: Nurse (This is the only thing I can think of right now and its a tiny little local band I saw once or twice 7 or 8 years ago.  Listen to the song Revolver though)

No comments:

Post a Comment