Monday, September 23, 2013

Album #9: Modest Mouse - This is a Long Drive for Someone with Nothing to Think About [Alt Rock, Indie Rock] 1996



Another Modest Mouse Album.  Had I thought this through a little more I wouldn't have randomized the list of albums just so that this didn't happen.  This album blended in with The Lonesome and Crowded West, but I think that it just because I listened to them so closely to each other.  The one track that did stand out to me was Lounge.  I liked the guitar riff and bass groove combo a lot.  The vocal style of that track is cleaner than usual, but still very much Modest Mouse which I like.  The fact that the bad switched up instruments to record Dog Paddle is pretty cool.  Overall this album is pretty depressing to me.  I know that is what it is supposed to be, but I just feel bummed after listening to it.  And that's saying something since I really like "emo" styled music.  I was reminded a lot of Arcade Fire listening to this though and I didn't really get that from Lonesome.

Favorite track: Lounge
Spotify: Modest Mouse – This Is a Long Drive for Someone With Nothing to Think About
If you like this, then try these: Arcade Fire – Funeral

No comments:

Post a Comment