Saturday, September 21, 2013

Album #7: Modest Mouse - The Lonesome Crowded West [Indie Rock] 1997


The extent of my listening to Modest Mouse is Float On, so I was excited to hear something from the band but earlier in there career.  As with a few albums on this list, this is not what I was expecting.  I went in expecting something a little poppier, but got garage indie rock at its core.  I wish I could have heard this album back when it was released and watch this band evolve.  They have a very cool sound to them and I feel like I should listen the other later albums to see where they took this sound (besides Float On).  Shit Luck had to have been my favorite track off of the album.  The simplistic lyrics and driving rhythm are things that I love in songs and I felt like that would have fit perfectly in the sound track to Scott Pilgrim vs The World.

Favorite track: Shit Luck
Spotify: Modest Mouse – The Lonesome Crowded West
If you like this, then try these: Various Artists – Scott Pilgrim vs. the World (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)

No comments:

Post a Comment